Thursday, January 9, 2014

I substituted today

No photos because I got home so late and it was... dark and rainy here today.  But, I knit a ton on-the-job.  I started a second square for the 2014 Mystery KAL yesterday, and got about 1/4 finished during the webinar training session that made me miss Knit Knight with the Eastside Stitchers.  I brought this square with me to the school where I was going to sub in case I had time to knit.  Well!  The school was on a block schedule, so there were only 4 classes and each class was 1.5 hours long.  The teacher who was out is an art teacher, and she had a great plan for me for the day. 

Three of the classes had work to do that they had started previously.  Those classes just worked all period.  There was nothing for me to do.  I sat and knit.  I decided I would knit 2 rows, then make a circuit of the classroom.  I had fun seeing what the students were working on, but they did not need my help.  So I sat and knit.  I finished 6 of the 7 repeats needed.  The third class had younger students, and they did not work independently, so I spent that period walking and checking and occasionally shhing or offering advice.  It was a fun group, so I didn't mind that I could not knit a stitch.  I knit through lunch, too.  When I got home, I finished up the last repeat, knit the top border, and bound off.

Photos to come.

I will be back at the same school tomorrow.  Ugh!  I will miss Fiber Friday.  But, yay!  It's a nice school, and the kids are very nice.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with two knit afghan squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment