Friday, February 14, 2014

Yay! Fiber Friday!!

Hello:

I got to the job this morning at 6 am, but there were some problems and the job was cancelled at 8 am.  All I could think was, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!  I can make it to knitting!"

I got there right at 9, but there is this ... group... that has been getting there earlier, and they have taken our table.  So we moved a bit to some of the square tables, and just pushed them together.  It worked.

CodyJunk arrived soon after I did, and then CathieC.  Hold on to your hat, but CathieC does not drink coffee.  She has the most fun Tea ritual.  She brings her cup, saucer, own tea.  She seems her tea for a very precise amount of time.  I had to take a photo.  Very very civilized.

We were soon joined by our only Non-C member this morning, JulieMustKnit.  Julie has finished the colorwork hat she was knitting the last time I saw her.

This hat is so soft and squishy!  The yarn is from the Legacy Ranch in Carnation, and because of the uneven handspun quality, she had to ninja the pattern and really make it her own.  It is beautiful.

CodyJunk and I have been missing each other at Fiber Friday, each coming on the weeks that the other was absent, so it was wonderful to see her today.  She was hooking a beautiful cowl in Vanna's Choice.
Here is a close-up so you can see that her dog, Cody, has donated a bit of hair to the cowl!
JulieMustKnit was hard at work on her Ravellenics project, a sweater!  Here is one sleeve and the beginning of the second:

Winterspromise31 started a new hat.

CathieC brought her striped hat that she is knitting for the Games.
We are all to notice that she has added a third color.  See!  she has made progress since Wednesday night.
Look how far Winterpromise31 got on her hat by noon!  She is become a speed knitter.
I hope to see some of you at the Madrona market tomorrow.  I will  bring the new socks I am knitting for my brother.  Stop by and say, hi!

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Valentine's yarn.







No comments:

Post a Comment