Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Surprise! Eastside Stitchers Meet Up

Hello!

I tore myself away from the zombies of The Walking Dead to head out to Crossroads for the Wednesday night meet up of the Eastside Stitchers.  Actually, I got to Crossroads a bit early to meet with the executive board (doesn't that sound official!) of the Eastside Knitters Guild to plan our Volunteer Membership table for Vogue Knitting, Seattle/Bellevue.  We are hoping to have volunteers at the table in the Market for 3 hour shifts (If you take a shift, you get into the Market for free on that day).  We discussed decorating the table with knitwear, putting together raffle baskets, and the free pattern we hope to hand out (more on that at a later date as I get to test knit the pattern.)

Then, I headed back to the Eastside Stitcher tables where there was quite a bit of fun and knitting happening.  Let's see if I get the projects right.

BlueBerryMary has finished the sweater she was making for her DH and has started another sweater, this one for her nephew.
Alphabetadell was crocheting Dogwood squares for a baby blanket.
JulieMustKnit is finished with the sleeves and on to the body of her Ravellenic Games Sweater.
Wajio was also knitting on her Ravellenic Games project, the Straightforward Mitts.
Tara1682 has finished the complicated charted part of her lace wrap and is onto the "bus knitting" section.
CathieC finished her first Ravellenic Games project, her hat, and so brought her MacArthur Park Poncho.  But the poncho needed some ripping back, so I'm not sure if Cathie made any actual progress tonight.
Skeinherder brought two UFO's from last year's Mal March that she was finishing.  There and Back Socks, and a gorgeous scarf.
GwenS was knitting ANOTHER Aviatrix Hat.
JitteryKnitter is also test knitting the Hat for the Guild Table pattern give away at Vogue Knitting, Seattle/Bellevue.
Puzan was knitting the most beautiful lace scarf.
Caam704 brought a lacy baby blanket.
I brought the newest square for the 2014 Mystery Blanket KAL, but I didn't get a photo of it.  Instead, I will show you my finished Surprise Lapghan.
This is my project for the Ravellenic Games.  I hooked it for Skeinherder to say thank you for the many things she does and because I know she gets cold at work.  This way, she can stay warm in stye.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with another finished lapghan.











No comments:

Post a Comment