Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Round the Eastside Stitchers' Table

Hello:

Eastside Stitchers met tonight at the round table near Half Price Books and Starbucks in Crossroads.  Well, we started out at the square tables pulled together because some people, who don't know that the round table in the corner is our table, were at our table.  They left soon enough, and we moved.

Of course, talk was about the babies, but, also about yarn.  Some people in Eastside Stitchers don't believe understand that when you buy sock yarn, you aren't adding to your stash.  I will continue to educate them.

But, who was there?

Colleen has begun another SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! project.
I was only allowed to photograph the yarn.

Wajio was just starting a new project. Not much to photograph, she said, so I took a pic of her dinner:
Hawaiian chicken sandwich and fries from Crossroads Cafe.

CathieC is still hard at work on her Racing Raindrops by Churchmouse Yarn & Teas.  This photo captures the color fairly well, AND you can see the beads on the edge.
GwenS brought a very Social Knitting project, lots of I-cord.  These will be octopus legs, I believe.  GwenS is knitting an ocean themed mobile for her baby room.
Wireknitter brought her Guernsey Wrap by Jared Flood.  Are we there yet?  Is it long enough yet?  This beautiful shawl is a..l..m..o..s..t finished.  She just needs to decide how long is enough.  I can't wait to see it blocked.
Tara1682 is also a...l...m...o...s...t finished with the baby booties.  I think she is on her 5th pair. 
VanesaPolo has started a new hat for charity,
but, the main thing she brought was her Owls Sweater for Show and Tell.
We had a rather new visitor, Vivi.  She had come one other time last Spring.  She hopes to return next week.  She was just beginning an amigurumi squirrel.
 As the evening progressed, Schrike and ErickaRS joined the round table.

Erica was starting a beautiful lace crochet shrug in black.  I didn't get a photo of that, unfortunately, but I did manage to grab a photo of her Show & Tell, the Tunisian Crochet Scarf she had been working on at the Mariners Stitch N Pitch ball game last July.

Schrike brought a lovely Hane sweater by Kristen Johnstone.
I brought and finished the first of my Dude socks.... finally.  I need to cast on the mate.  Sorry no photo, maybe tomorrow.  It does fit really, however.  I do want to cast on the mat asap as I am afraid I will get 2nd sock syndrome and never finish it otherwise.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet from the Round Table








No comments:

Post a Comment