Friday, August 16, 2013

Fiber Friday Welcomes New Eastside Stitcher

Hello:

We had a new member of Eastside Stitchers join the Fiber Friday gang at Crossroads in Bellevue.  It was JulieMustKnit who has recently moved to the Eastside.

Welcome.

I don't know why, possibly because I am truly a kindergartener at heart, but it is so much fun to meet new stitchers.  We scootched over a bit and made room at the table in the center, under the skylight, where she joined in immediately on the enabling conversation of how we all want to knit from stash, yet need to buy more yarn.

JulieMustKnit was working on a beautiful Union Square Cowl by Melissa Wehrle featured in Metropolitan Knits.  JulieMustKnit is using MadelineTosh Vintage in the lovely Lolita colorway.




CodyJunk brought some more Traffic Cones to show and tell, along with a Fast Car.
I added the measuring tape for size comparison.



CodyJunk was working on some more washcloths.
In the spirit of more show and tell, she brought a new set of crochet hooks and their case.  I was very jealous.
CathieC brought her Racing Raindrops.  She is making this for a KAL with the Churchmouse Group on Ravelry.  I think it is coming out beautifully.  I got the pattern, yarn, and beads, too, while we were all on the 2013 North Puget Sound LYS Tour.  I need to find time to start mine.
Winterpromise31 brought her Twisted Trellis Hat.  Hahahaha, I just downloaded the pattern.  She has finished one full repeat, and you can really see the pattern, now.
Constance49 arrived near the end.  She didn't stitch with us, but, she brought the most beautiful show and tell, a beaded bracelet.
Constance49 beads with a group at Crossroads on Tuesdays.  You can find some crafting group here almost any day of the week.

I brought the Graduation Afghan.  I have 4 more squares to make, hook together into a row, the rows to hook together, and the border... I can do it!

Since JulieMustKnit is new to the area, we had some fun discussing the great abundance of local yarn shops, and what the different ones had to offer.  We may need to plan a field trip soon.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with new stitcher friends

No comments:

Post a Comment