Thursday, January 31, 2013

Too Sick To Swap

Hello!

It's time for bed, but I haven't posted in a bit so I thought I would try a quick one.

I did not get to attend Eastside Stitchers' first Yarn Swap yesterday because I felt HORRIBLE.  I kept thinking... "Maybe I could go but sit at a different table, so I won't infect anyone..."  But, in the end, I decided to stay home.  From what I heard, it was a great success, and we will be doing another one in a few months.

I haven't posted, because I was knitting and crocheting like crazy, but on longer term projects, so it was looking like I wasn't making much progress. 

I finished 2 pair of socks this month, the first are Pamina by Caoua Coffee in Miss Babs Yummy Sock Yarn in Squash Blossom. 

The 2nd pair are my very own design, Unseamly.  The yarn is Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock in Bayside.  The color in these photos is not the best, as I finished them (all but the weaving in which I will do tomorrow so I can submit them for WIP the First in HPKCHC) at about 5:00 pm and the light had gone.


This photo shows the "seam" in the back:
I must say they fit me perfectly!

I have also been crocheting like a fiend on my Transfiguration afghan, but have no new photos.

Tonight I cast on 1 new pair of socks for SKA's Under Appreciated Pattern Challenge.  The pattern has to have less than 15 projects.  My knit buddy, Skeinherder, and I decided to do a pattern written by another person in our Eastside Stitchers Group, Hvrdmnky!  The pattern is Improvised Crossings.  I am officially the 4th, and Skeinherder the 5th, people to cast on this pattern.  We posted right at 9 pm so we could be sure no one took our pattern.  In this Challenge, if you snooze, you loose.
Here is my CO photo:

The yarn is Lisa Souza Dyeworks' Sock Yarn in Mombasa.  I won this yarn last year in SKA.  I won't be able to turn these in for SolidSocks, but they will be part of my HPKCHC BROOM.

Ok, enough.  I really need to get to bed.  Tomorrow is February 1st, and a new set of classes for HPKCHC.  I will be super busy trying to get my homework finished.  Also, tomorrow is my daughter, Moogie's 21st birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOOGIE

Peace.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with new socks.




No comments:

Post a Comment