Thursday, January 17, 2013

The First 3 Squares


Hello:

Super weird weather here;  freezing fog.  We are having "dead air" where there is no wind or rain, and our air quality is getting poor, so the county has issued a burn ban meaning no wood fires in fire places, wood stoves, bonfires, fire pits, etc.  I have never seen anything like this.  It's a fog that never burns off.

Anyway, I have finished the third square of my Transfiguration OWL Afghan. Again, I am using Julie Yeager's Eight Pointed Flower Square.


I am still trying to decide how I want to seam the squares together.

The squares will have either a navy or a "claret" (dark red) single crochet border.  These will alternate so I never have two squares with the same color border together.  I hooked the first two squares together with a contrasting color (beige) that is visible from the right side.


I hooked the third square on with an invisible seam.
At first, I thought I would go with the contrasting color seam showing.  I have 3 votes so far:  2 for invisible, 1 for seam showing.  Now that I have the two to compare, I am thinking that I like invisible better.

What do you think?
I need to have at least 6 squares finished, and seamed by the end of the month, along with all my other knitting.  EEEK!  I need to decide this soon.  Until then, I will keep making the squares. 

Let me know which looks the best.

Peace.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet in a freezing fog.








1 comment:

  1. I like the invisible. It flows better for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete