Friday, January 25, 2013

Butter Beer Cozy

The sun is starting to rise a bit earlier.  This photo was taken at about 8 am.  It is just so nice to see the sky again.

I finished up a quick crochet today.  For Charms Class, the prompt was to use a "Gripping Charm" to make something that helps grip objects.  You could make something you wear, like mittens, gloves, fingerless mitts, or something to cover the object, like a cozy or pot holder.

I decided to make another wine cozy, or a "butter beer cozy" since it is for HPKCHC.   I am trying to build up a stash of gifts.  It is nice to be able to just grab something that is already made, rather than try to make something quickly to a deadline.  I think giving a bottle of wine is a great idea when we are invited out.  Making a cozy for that wine makes the whole gift a bit more special.

I did this at Christmas time.  I made a wine cozy in the University of Notre Dame colors for our hosts at a Hospital Christmas Party.  The Host is a big ND fan, and of course, the Doc and I are, also.




I made this one just a bit bigger so it will fit over a champagne bottle.  I also added some patterned stitches for decoration.


I will toss it (minus the wine) into the gift bin, to be used at a later date.



Peace.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the world with pre-made gifts.
same view at 9:30 am.



1 comment: