Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Stitching

Look, a knot in one of my giant Caron One Pound Skeins.  That is a lot of yarn, though, so I guess an occasional knot isn't too bad.  But really, this has been a bad week for me and knots.


The Friday, Ladies of Leisure part of Eastside Stitchers met today to stitch and chat at Crossroads Mall.

I did not take notes at all, so I am going to have to wing this post.

Vanesapolo brought some sweaters for show and tell:

She knit these using the EZ percentage method.  Wonderful job.  She is now on her 2nd of the Mitered Mittens from the Knitters Almanac.
CodyJunk was finishing up her little devil.  How cute is this?
I love the Outee Belly Button.  When she finished, CodyJunk moved on to washcloths.  We all grabbed some $1 balls of cotton Sugar N Cream at Michaels last week, and CodyJunk was putting hers to good use.
Allifer was working on a Boyfriend Afghan. 
I
Colleen has made some good progress on her new baby blanket.
Skeinherder is hard at work on her Honeycomb Mesh Scarf.
Redbird1 is going to make her goal of having the body of her beautiful Jared Flood Eternity Cardigan completed by this weekend.  Go Go Go Go!  You can do it.

I was working on my Quidditch Fruitcake Frenzy Game 1 challenge.  The challenge is to make something that resembles fruitcake in that you either use variegated yarn, or multiple color changes.  I decided to make another square for my First Anniversary Afghan.  I am using the squares from the 2013 BAMCAL group for this afghan, but I plan to finish it by the end of June so I can gift it.  I will have to add more squares to make it at least 4 x 5, so I decided to make some of my favorites from last year's BAMCAL.  This square is the Eyelet Lace Square.  Since I needed to change color for the Quidditch challenge, I knew this square would look great with lots and lots of color changes.
This is me sewing in ends as-I-go (thank you HPKCHC for teaching me to do that EVERY TIME).

And here is my finished square:




Peace.
yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Friday stitching!






 








No comments:

Post a Comment