Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's Raining in the Backyard

Look!  The fog is gone. 

We had some... rain?  wind?  not really sure, but the weather changed, and the freezing fog that has been sitting on my beautiful part of the Pacific Northwest has lifted at last.

I heard some rain, and saw ice hitting the grass in our backyard, and assumed we were having a combination of rain and hail.

My husband, the Doc, went outside for a few minutes to get some Dokes (diet Cokes) from the trunk of my car where we store it, (don't ask), and coming back in, said, "It's sunny in the front yard and raining in the back."

In the winter, the sun is often so low on the southern horizon that we often have sun while it is raining.  The sun shines through some opening way on the horizon while the clouds directly overhead drip on you.

I went out to see what was up, and yes, the front was sunny and dry.  I stepped out back to the wet, and getting wetter deck.
Then I realized what was happening.  The freezing fog had added a layer of ice to our tall trees.  We have 2 firs and a redwood in our yard. 


The new, warm air that was moving in was melting that ice.  That was the source of the "rain."

I have never been so happy to see rain.

Peace.
yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet NOT in a vampyre apocalyptic world.  Look!  normal clouds.





No comments:

Post a Comment