Monday, January 28, 2013

Pamina!

Hello!

I have finished my January socks.  I was able to triple-dip these socks in 3 different groups that give prizes.  Because, it's all about the prizes.  Some people are process knitters.  Some people are product knitters.  I am a prize knitter.  If there is a prize involved, or even just the chance for a prize, I'm in.

The January challenge for Sock Knitters Anonymous  included the designer Caoua Coffee.  I really love her designs, but was intimidated last year by the shear number of cables.  I have learned so much about knitting from this group.  The monthly challenges have encouraged me to just go for it.  I would not say these cables were easy. But, they actually weren't that tough either.

The January challenge for Solid Socks is Yellow.  Perfect for using up my Miss Babs Yummy in Squash Blosson.  I am so glad that I had a light colored yarn for this pattern.  It really helps to show off the cabling.

The final part of the triple dip is Harry Potter Knit Crochet House Cup.  I was able to turn these in to Divination.  The prompt talked about herbs that can help in concentration.  The first example given was the Cat's Paw.  We could craft something inspired by the bark (used for tea), the yellow leaves, or some other aspect of the plant.  Of course, I chose the yellow flowers. 

Also, I was able to tie in the climbing nature of the vines to the twisting and twining cables in the socks.

I really love how the pattern becomes part of the heel pattern.
In the end, Beena was happy to help me photograph them.
I am still working on my socks for December.  These are made from my own pattern, and I am really liking them.

When I finish them, I will be sure to post photos.

Until then, goodnight.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with new socks.






No comments:

Post a Comment