Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's so Late!

Still in the land of the Vampyres!

This fog is starting to get creepy. 

I really need to get off to bed, but I just wanted to show off my finished Herbology project.  The prompt dealt with mandrakes.  You could make something inspired by the babies, you know something that SCREAMS, either with color, or details, etc.  Something inspired by the teens that hisses... or something inspired by the chopping up of the adults, that is you could steek some knitting.

On top of these fun prompts, the Houses of Gryffindor and Slytherin were doing a House Unity Challenge.  This is when you get a partner from the other house, and craft something together.  My partner was Spike, from Slytherin.  On her suggestion, we knit one panel of the Star Illusion Blanket by Katie Ahlquist.

The next blanket I planned to make, after I finish my own Transfiguration OWL afghan, and the First Anniversary afghan that I am making month by month with 2013BAMCAL, is one for my 2nd oldest GodSon A.  He loves the color red.  So, I decided to make this Star Illusion Afghan for him, or at least make one that will be the center of a bunch of BAMCAL squares.

So, here is the first completed panel.

 This is what it looks like straight on:
And this is at an angle where you can see the illusion:
Pretty cool!  It's all knits and purls.  You always do 2 rows of each color.  The first row is always knit (on the right side), so it would be a purl row on the wrong side.  I am getting lots of practice with my left-handed knitting as I always knit back left handed instead of purling back. 

Peace.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with an Illusion, not a trick!









No comments:

Post a Comment