Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lion's Mane Square Round Photos

2012.04.12


Today I hooked the 12" square for the 2012 Block A Month Crochet A Long Group on Ravelry.  It is the Lion's Mane Square by April Moreland and was published her Dishcloth Diaries Blog in 2009. 
 
There seem to be tons of single crochets.  As I was hooking, I kept thinking, "Another round of sc??!!"  And, "This round doesn't seem to be any different from the last round..."  And then, Poof!  I was finished, and.... I LOVE IT!  

I made the light blue/white/dark blue version first.  Those are the colors for the afghan for my youngest son, L.  I am using his high school colors.  Then I remade it in red/white/dark blue for my son, J, who will be attending the University of Arizona (on a ballet scholarship.. have I mentioned that enough?  I am so proud of him) next year, and those are the U of A's colors.

I took Round photos of the first one, and color change photos of the 2nd.  Not a lot to discuss. The directions were error free and pretty easy to follow.  The "as writtens"  are notes I take as I hook, in case I make any changes, and mean just that, I hooked the round as written. I tend to hook/knit with the computer up with the pattern on one side and a blank Word document up on the other.  Each time I start a round, I type Round #, then make notes of any problems or changes as I go.  I like to scan all of my patterns, from books, handouts, etc., if they are not downloads, and knit or hook this way if possible.  I can enlarge the type so I can see it clearly, if necessary.  I often leave myself notes like, "stopped in middle of row 3." So I will know where I left off. Ok, onto the squares.


Lion's Mane
Calls for hook size US  I or 5.5 mm, I hooked it with an H 5.0 mm because I tend to hook loosely.

Round 1
as written








 
Round 2
as written







 

Round 3
as written






 


Round 4
as written





 

Round 5
as written






 
Round 6
as written ( I cut yarn after this round)







 
 Round 7
as written using new color







 

Round 8
as written









 
 Round 9
as written







 
Round 10
as written, cut yarn







 

Round 11
Join new color in next st from where I ended round 10
as written





 

Round 12
as written






Round 13
as written







Round 14
as written
final round


U of A Afghan Version

For some reason, I think it was because red is so hard to photograph well, I did not take a photo of the first single color section, but I changed color after Round 2.

Round 5
Round 7
Round 9

Round 11

Round 14 Finished Square

Where in the World is f1bercat?  sitting home on the couch still sick, sorry.

But, did I mention that I crocheted today?



Good night, everyone.  Stay well.

yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet one Lion's Mane at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment