Monday, April 16, 2012

Because I don't have enough to do...

2012.04.16

I've joined another group on Ravelry.    It's the Harry Potter Knitting & Crochet House Cup (HPKCHC) . I am still figuring this group out, but I am sure it will add tons of stress to my life with knitting/crochet projects that I must do!

As far as I can tell, we get "sorted" into houses, though you can stay in the "lobby" unsorted and still participate with no pressure.  The houses compete for the cup, and I'm not even sure how that works, though it might be points based on the projects you finish.

Anyway, the school is technically on vacation this month, and we are "traveling" around the world.  The first stop was Finland.  One of the "professors" gave a little travelogue in the thread with information and photos of Finland (gorgeous), and cooking recipes/crochet and knitting patterns you can attempt.

So, I made a Troll!

It is a Moomin Troll. by Samantha Evans, who is Samegirl on Ravelry.  It is a bit pigeon-toed, and doesn't really stand up.  Ok, it doesn't stand at all.  I might take the legs off, and resew them so he is sitting down. 

I cleaned out my queue (another of the challenges for this month).  I changed everything to "favorites" and just put in a few things that I am really planning on making next.

The next challenge is to organize my stash.  EEEEEEK!  that is a huge project for me because I have tons of random yarn from when I was a Camp Fire Leader all in a big mess in my office.  I hope to get that done next weekend.  Now that I have written it here. it must happen.

Where in the World is f1bercat?

Still with a hacking cough, sitting on the couch.  When I do get back to the bike, I am going to have to start over at 30 min.  Oh, well.

Stay well, wash your hands.  Watch out for trolls.

f1bercat
shaping the planet one Moomin at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment