Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Some Squares


I have finished the first row (plus one square not shown) for the Wedding Afghan I am making (ok, the half of the Wedding Afghan, as my daughter, Allifer, is making the other half).

For the Final Round of Quidditch in the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup (HPKCHC) this term, we had to craft something with 450 yds in two weeks.  Well, since I need to make 15 squares, and each square is about 100 yds, I decided to make 5 squares and hook them together for my Quidditch submission.

We are making the afghan out of Caron One Pound in Espresso, Beige, and Taupe.  I know, I have already made 2 afghans using these colors, and frankly, after the second one, I was pretty tired of them, but they go together really well, and make a nice neutral afghan that will go in many rooms without clashing (I hope).

I have been putting the squares up here as I finished them, but I haven't shown you the last two that I finished.

I took the Spider Square 

that I designed last year,
put her on a brick wall and gave her

So much fun to play with and expand on this pattern.

The other square is a bit wonky, I need to work with it a bit more to get it to lie flat (I might have to steam this one ... really that means melt it a bit), but I still love it.  Puzan brought me a photo of some crochet last Sunday, and asked if I could figure out the pattern.  It's a bit tough to see if the stitches are sc or hdc but I made this square using sc.  Anyway, for right now, I'm calling it "Drips."
I didn't ride my bike today, taking one day off, but hoping to get on the bike early tomorrow before I tutor and it gets hot.  Because it has been super hot here.  ugh!

shaping the planet with new afghan squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment