Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Eastside Stitchers Beat the Heat

Hello:

It's too darn hot.  Really.

Ok, I rode 25 miles today (a personal best) down to Marymoor Park and onto the Sammamish River trail, turned around and rode back home.  It took about 2.5 hours!  Pretty good.

But the best thing about today was of course the Wed. meet up of the Eastside Stitchers at Crossroads.

We needed 2 tables, partly because there were 3 babies visiting.  Of course, I missed getting photos of the beautiful twins and Hrvdmnky, but I managed to get Addie to model some of the knitwear.

Jitteryknitter finished weaving in the colorwork baby hat she was making in time to have a real live model!
She also brought the colorwork sweater she is knitting.  You can see the steek lines all ready to be cut.
Puzan is also knitting a sweater, the Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig, in Tart by Madelinetosh.
She is almost ready to pick up the sleeve stitches.

Two sweaters being knit in the middle of summer!  As if that isn't enough heat, JulieMustKnit is knitting an afghan.
It's the Colorblock Bias Blanket by Purl Soho, also in Madelinetosh.

 Tara1682 is working on a Bias Before and After scarf.
Wireknitter was also knitting lace weight but a shawl, not a scarf.  It's the Bridgewater shetland shawl by Jared Flood.

GwenS was also knitting a sweater, but one for Addie.
The last sweater of the evening was BlueBerryMary's crocheted intarsia sweater she is making using a drawing by her grand-nephew.
CathieC brought her chart sample.  She is possibly making something to be framed, or maybe it's the beginning of an afghan (wow 2 afghans in July!) or maybe it's just a swatch.
Wajio came tonight and brought me information on how to get my bike on the Bus.  I have a job in North Seattle next week for 3 days, and I am hoping to ride the bus there, and bike home.  She left before I got my act together and got a photo of what she was knitting.

The Fiber Friday group is planning to meet at Grasslawn Park in Redmond this week.  I hope to have some nice photos of that park to put up.

I have to admit that the riding is tiring me out, and I have not been knitting/crocheting as much as I would like.  But, I do like riding.  Today, when I was on the Sammamish River Trail, I saw a flock of Canada Geese with their goslings.  I also watched a heron standing in the shallows fishing.  I made it all the way to Woodinville before turning around and riding all the way home, up Heartbreak Hill, without stopping.  If only I could figure out how to knit and ride =) 

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet in  the air conditioned comfort of Crossroads.






No comments:

Post a Comment