Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bus AND Bike Commuter!



Hello:

Today I took a Metro bus from the downtown Bellevue Transit Center to Northgate where I have been working all week.  I successfully got my bike on the bus bikerack (ok, another passenger helped).  Once we were on the road,  I KNIT on the bus!  Just like my bus knitting friends, GwenS and Tara1682.  I worked on a purple hat for charity.  I needed something pretty mindless.

When we got to the Northgate Transit center, I rode the 3 blocks to my job.  THEN... at 4 pm when I got off work, I rode my bike home!

Ok, the last 6 miles or so were agony.  When o when will my butt stop hurting ??  But I made it.  I had to walk up Heartbreak Hill, but that's ok.  It's all about getting there.

Also, I want to say that I just love our biking trail system.  The Burke-Gilman trail was wonderful.  And I just love riding along the Sammamish River Trail.  One funny thing:  I wore a bright yellow long sleeve t-shirt since I wasn't sure how long it was going to take me to get home, and I wanted to be easily seen if it was getting late (it took me about 3 hours and I got home at about 7 pm).  As I rode along the river, I kept going through swarms of these black gnats.  First I wished I had glasses on, as they almost got in my eyes more than once.  Then, I wished I had on a different color shirt, as the gnats seemed attracted to the yellow.  I had to keep brushing them off me.  Gross.

My butt hurts.  My back hurts (my backpack was too full...) and I am exhausted.  So I am off to bed early after hooking only one round on the current afghan square.

But, I DID IT!

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a sore butt, once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment