Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Training update



I rode to the round-a-bout on W Lk Samm Blvd near I90 today, turned around without stopping and rode back.  I thought I was going to die on the way back as my BUTT was killing me.  I was tired, and my thighs were burning, but that wasn't so much a problem as my butt.  Ugh.

Anyway, it seemed like it was uphill the entire way.  From Vasa Park to the round-a-bout it was almost completely uphill, but I made myself push through it.  At first, I thought maybe I would try to go a bit further, but I could see the road towards Issaquah coming off the circle was uphill, too, and I just couldn't see myself pumping up another hill.

At one point, I felt like I was caught in an Escher painting, you know the ones with the stairs?
like the entire lake road is uphill, all the way around the lake.

The ride back had 2 nice downhill coasts, but someone was parked in the bike lane at the bottom of the last one, when I was super tired, and I almost had to stop because of traffic.  Thank goodness I didn't have to stop in the uphill part right behind them, or I might not have ever gotten going again.  Yes, as I passed the people, I shouted, "You are parked illegally in a bike lane!"  Anyway, I was proud of myself that I didn't have to walk the bike at all, until I got to 15th St. of course because that hill is insane.

The entire bike ride was 9 miles and it took me a bit over 1 hour... ok, 1 hour and 15 min.  I'm getting a bit faster, though.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet while stuck in an Escher illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment