Sunday, July 20, 2014

Counter-Clockwise Around the Lake!

Hello:

The horrible hot weather we had last week broke and we have had a few days of much cooler temperatures.  Today the high was only 21.6 C (71), and a bit drizzly in the morning.  I joined the Sunday Morning group of Eastside Stitchers at Panera for a few hours of knitting (crocheting on my part).  Then I worked for a few hours with one of my students.  She has to do a ginormous research project, and we hit the downtown Bellevue Library which is part of the King County Library System.  At about 3 pm I got on my bike and headed around Lake Sammamish.

The last time I rode around the lake, I started at Panera's after knitting, then continued clockwise along East Lake Sammamish Blvd towards Issaquah.  This time, I started at the bottom of 15th Pl. NE, and rode south, counter-clockwise around the lake.  I don't know if I am in better shape, or if it is just that I raised my seat about 3.8 cm (1.5 in), but it sure seemed easier this time.  I was able to ride the entire way.  No walking at all!



I actually had energy to push my bike up the 15th Pl hill without stopping.

I have been knitting and crocheting, but, since I am working tomorrow, early, and we are having a carmegeddon with the I90 bridge from Bellevue to Mercer Island closed except for 1 lane all next week, I need to get to bed.  I am not sure how I'm going to get to work.  It's going to be horrible.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet from the seat of a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment