Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Slip Sliding Away

Hello:
For my October SKA (Sock Knitters Anonymous) socks and the first part of my HPKCHC Order of the Phoenix Mission (or B.R.O.O.M.), I am knitting a mirrored pair of socks with a slip stitch mosaic pattern.

I am using the green and orange yarn that I dyed this summer with the Eastside Stitchers.  This yarn started out as a bare sock blank from Knit Pick.
I used green and yellow food colors to dye it.
I needed a good contrasting color to bring out the slip stitch pattern, and since I am knitting from stash, I am also using some  Berocco Comfort Sock in navy. 
The challenge states that the socks must be a mirror of each other.  So, I have started each sock with a different color.
It got interesting when I started knitting the slip stitch chart.
I really love how the two different color yarns set each other off.

These socks call for a "Peasant Heel."  This has me knit in some waste yarn on one side of the socks.  The waste yarn will be taken out when the socks are finished, the stitches picked up, and the heels knit.  I am past that part now and am knitting down the feet.  The soles are striped and the mosaic pattern continues on the instep.  I am really loving knitting these.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet while slipping.







No comments:

Post a Comment