Monday, October 14, 2013

Eyelet Lace Square

Hello:

I have been making a bunch of the beautiful Eyelet Lace Square designed by Chris Simon.

I am making 15 " versions for the Quidditch "Explore the Positions" game for HPKCHC.  I'm making these in the school colors of our local high school because I plan to donate a lap-ghan to their fundraising auction in the spring.




We are having a running blanket square swap in the HPKCHC group on Ravelry.  Every month, I make a square for my "target" for that month.  I like to make this square because I like the square, but also because I have it memorized.  For the swap, we can make either 12 " or 8 " squares.

I like to use the Gryffindor colors.  First, of course, because it is the Harry Potter .... Club.  But, secondly, because they look really good.

So this month, I knew the swap partner wanted the smaller sized square.  But, as I was making the square, I couldn't remember if it was supposed to be 8 in. or 10 in.  For some reason, I decided it was 10 in.  Not sure why.

I made this square:
Then, I decided to reread the PM with the information on it, and of course, I needed to make an 8 in. square.

So I made this square:

Not sure what I will do with the 10 in. square.  But I do like the look.  I will probably donate it to the Gryffies' Babies Squares.  This is a thread where you can donate a square for an afghan that is being put together for a House member who is expecting.


Peace,
f1berfat
shaping the planet with lace.








No comments:

Post a Comment