Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Quick Eastside Stitchers because I need to knit a sock

Hello:

Don't yell at me.  I know it's all "quick this," and "quick that" this week, but I am really trying to get these Sock Madness socks finished before the North Puget Sound LYS Crawl this weekend.

So, although I needed to knit furiously and seriously, I met up with the Eastside Stitchers at Crossroads in Bellevue tonight.  I just want to say that there was a lot of talk about protein: soy, whey, and something that I believe tasted like dirt.

So, who was discussing protein, and what did they bring to knit?

Skeinherder needed socks needles for something, probably to cast on some more socks.  I think I am telling this story correctly.  Anyway, she searched through her knitting stuff and found...socks.  She found a finished "Gentleman's Sock with Lozenge Pattern," from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush.  She has cast on the 2nd sock, and was working on it tonight.

Hrvdmnky brought her gorgeous Rivel Cardigan, by Miriam Felton.  She is using Madelinetosh Tosh Sport.  Tonight Hrvdmnky seamed the sweater together.  Not too much more to go.
CathieC brought her finished Potato Chip Scarf and wove in all of her ends.

She started and finished this project since she joined Eastside Stitchers.  Now that she has finished this project, CathieC is once again working on her "frankenhat," and hat she is making that is a mash up of 2 different hat patterns. 

See the cute project bag that Skeinherder made her for her birthday!

Speaking of cute project bags, MsWiz brought a new scarf, Spring Bouquet, by Lijuan Jing.  She is using yarn she  bought at the Madrona Fiber Festival.
What does this pretty scarf have to do with a cute project bag?  Nothing really, it's just that MsWiz gave VanesaPolo some fabric for project bags, and VanesaPolo brought one of them tonight. An alpaca bag!


Chockelet  brought her almost finished Sundry, by Jennifer Dassau.  This is another beautiful piece by an Eastside Stitcher in Madelinetosh yarn.

Wajio has been knitting what has to be the cutest baby booties ever.  I mean it, she wins with these shoes:

Tara1682 is slogging away on the Cloister Shawl for her grandmother.


VanessaPolo has made more progress on her Holden Shawlette.
The North  Sound LYS Crawl starts tomorrow.  I will try to squeeze in some of the stops during the day as I am going to watch the Ballet Trocadero tomorrow night with friends at the University of Washington Dance Series.  However, Friday, Saturday,and Monday nights I will be hitting the Crawl Stores with a group of Eastside Stitchers!  Can we do it?  25 stores in 4 days?  We will sure give it a try.

Peace,
f1berat
shaping the planet with still not finished sock madness socks.









No comments:

Post a Comment