Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Hello:

Happy Mother's Day!  My kids (and husband who helped them, since 2 are still out of state at college), got me some wonderful gifts.  A beautiful Teapot, some Mad Tosh Light, and a lovely Orchid.  Then, my oldest came home with a dozen roses.  Also, my daughter, Allifer, came over and cooked brunch for my husband and me.  It was kind of a crazy mom's day since the 2 middle kids, Himes and Moogie, are still at their colleges.  Pookie had to leave before the brunch for his Life Guard course.  My oldest, D, wasn't at home this weekend..  And, the Doc was on call, which for his group means that he had to work both Saturday and Sunday.  We couldn't do much, so we just had the brunch, and I spent most of the day knitting my Sock Madness Socks.

Here is where I was when I got started this morning:
this photo was taken in low morning light, and my camera wasn't loving the black yarn.  This photo is what the yarn really looks like:
I hoped to get to the heels today.  But, I still have at least 4 rows of gussets to knit.  I am not sure how much length the heel is going to add to the foot length for these socks, and I want them to fit me.  I have already added some length, but I have been measuring the length of the foot, and I need 9 in to have them fit.  I am at 8 in.  Somehow, I don't think the heel cup will be 1 inch.

I like the eyelet pattern.  It looks really pretty in the black.  I have been having a bit of trouble with the darkness of the yarn, but, I moved the light off of the piano to the coffee table where I like to knit.  This light makes it really possible to knit these socks in black!

I have to work all morning tomorrow, so I need some sleep.  I hope to bring the socks, and knit on them during any downtime.

Also, the Eastside Knitters' Guild is meeting tomorrow night.  I am now hoping to finish by Tues.  I'm not sure where that will put me, but I simply can't continue to knit really late at night.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet half asleep.......z.z.z.zzzzz





No comments:

Post a Comment