Sunday, March 24, 2013

More Round 2


Hello:

One of the things I love about living in the northern part  of the USA is that in the summer, we will have such long days, and now that we have crossed the Spring Equinox, we are headed into those long days.  And while I don't love the long winter nights, I love being able to watch the sunrise over our lake and mountains at about 8 am.  That is no longer happening.  The sun is now rising at about 6:30 and it will get earlier and earlier.  I made myself get up this morning so I could grab some photos of the sunrise.

This is just a quick post about my progress on the socks I am knitting for Round 2 of Sock Madness. I am further than this photo will show, but I hate bad photos, and I have learned that I really need daylight to get anything decent.

I took this photo at about 10:30 am.

I took one more photo at about 7:00 pm.  This shows one sock with the leg finished ready for the heel:
I hope you can see the sailboat and the waves.  The name of this pattern is Flying Dutchman. I have finished the legs on both socks, and knit the heel flap on one.  I was hoping to finish both heels tonight, but it is now after midnight, and I really need to go to bed. 

I am keeping up with the beginner group, the Mighty Minnows, but I think only because I am doing nothing but knitting.

Hope to get both socks finished through the gussets before bed tomorrow.

We shall see.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the world with a ghost ship on a sock.





No comments:

Post a Comment