Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Help! I have fallen and I can't get up!


Hello:
I have totally fallen off the stitch from stash New Year's Resolution. Well, not totally.  I mean, I AM stitching from stash, as is evidenced by this 6 in afghan square I designed and hooked for the HPKCHC Quidditch Team Spirit Game that is currently running. (I hope to post the pattern here, soon).
and the Orange Man Socks that I am almost finished with for Pookie:


But this hasn't stopped me from buying everything in sight.  I mean, I feel like I am on a buying rampage.  I admit to being a bit depressed after visiting and helping out at my brother's house.  And, while I was there, I had to buy sock yarn for the first March Madness round. 

And, I wasn't sure what that round would be so um, I bought some extra plain sock yarn that could be used if the first sock needed a solid, or could be used to make a second Man Sock for SKA March challenge.


And the solid sock yarns were so cheap, on sale at the Jo-Ann's in Orange, CA, that I had to buy more of a different color. 

And while I was waiting for that first Sock Madness pattern to be posted, I worked on my Orange Man Socks, but that wasn't enough, so I wanted to work on my afghan, but of course I didn't have any of the yarn with me since I went to California so unexpectedly, so I bought some of the afghan yarn and hooked about 3/4 of one of the squares (I am not showing that, because really? more of that afghan yarn?  why???)

And then, I like my new sock knitting needles so much (both the Addi Sock Rockets, and the ChiaGoo Red Lace), that I decided to get another one in case I had 3 pair otn at the same time,


and while I was buying that new Chia Goo Circ in size 0 I just had to buy a full set of interchangeable needles (always wanted some, now I have some),

not to mention the Malabrigo yarn I HAD to buy for Malabrigo Madness since I had none, 0, zip, in my stash and how can I participate in MalMarch with no yarn?

Ouch.  When I was buying the needles yesterday, I asked if the store (more about it in a later post) had any Malabrigo.  They had some on order that was being shipped and should arrive this week.  But, thankfully, for my sanity, they had none on hand or I would be posting photos of even more.

Are you getting the picture?  I have fallen and I am not sure I WANT to get up.  I love my new yarns and new needles.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the world from a very deep place filled with new yarn and new needles.









No comments:

Post a Comment