Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Advent Calendar Scarf 2014 Day 2


Hello:

I have finished the Day 2 pattern of the Advent Calendar Scarf  2014 by Kristin Benecken.  I didn't recognize the pattern from the chart, but after I had knit about 8 rows, it started to look familiar.  It is the Day 13 pattern from last year's scarf. 
The pattern has one "different" set of  stitches.  The chart shows it as II<  Where you slip one stitch purlwise, knit the next 2 stitches, then pass the slipped stitch over the 2 knit stitches.  In the Key for the chart, the symbol < has those instructions.  Then it is followed by the  2  I symbols  which Kristin uses for Knit.  So I slipped, k2, psso (slipped 1 knit 2 passed over) then knit the next 2 stitches.  When I got to the end of the row, I was off.  So I guessed that those two I symbols were a part of the weird stitch, tinked and reknit and everything worked great.  On the back side, you purl both of the wrapped stitches.

I tried to stay up last night to make it to the middle of the 23 row pattern, but got tired at row 7.  And when I realized that I was off again, I decided to go to bed and figure it all out in the morning.  Of course I didn't have time before work, so I brought the scarf to school, and spent my lunch 1/2 hour tinking 2 rows.  As it is way too hard for me to knit anything serious during Work Completion Zone, I put it away, and worked on a purple newborn hat.  After dinner, I pulled up the chart on my computer, and was able to see that I had skipped row 5.  Wha????  Tired knitting is never a good idea. 

Anyway, I was able to finish the day's pattern and the spacer section while watching The Flash (woot!  It was a Flash vs Arrow episode, so super fun), followed by Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  NCIS had a rerun, so Doc was willing to watch my shows.  Thank goodness the yarn is nice and light,  It made it possible to knit downstairs.

Here is a blurry close-up of the pattern.
By the way.  I finished the 4 Minion hats I was knitting for my sister's grandchildren,
I also finished the last 10 afghan squares for my Vortex Afghan. 

I hope to have time to hook them into the afghan this weekend.  Then I can get it sent off.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet on Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment