Saturday, December 13, 2014

Advent Calendar Scarf 2014, Day 8

Hello:

After the craziness of the Nupps on the Day 7 pattern, it was nice to relax with Day 8.  This doesn't mean that I knit the section without errors, but it was a bit easier.  The only "harder" stitch in the pattern was the double decrease.  The instructions are to sl2 k1 psso (slip 2 stitches as as to purl, knit 1 stitch, and pass the 2 slipped stitches over.)  This does not make a straight line up the decrease, but rather a slight zigzag.
I think you can see it pretty well in this photo.  I reall like how the tops of the triangles are stockinette/smooth looking, and the bottoms are the open lines formed by yarn overs and left leaning decreases.  Kristin likes to have slip 1 knit 1 pass over for her left leaning decreases.  Instead, I have been doing a slip 1 stitch as if to knit, put that stitch back on the left needle and knit 2 together through the back loop.  I think this is a bit faster than ssk, and for fingering weight yarn, it looks identical to me.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Day 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment