Monday, December 8, 2014

Advent Calendar Scarf 2014, Day 5

Hello:

Well, this pattern gave me tons of trouble.  In fact, I fell behind for the first time in 4 years of making the scarf.  I just couldn't finish the pattern before I went to bed.  Again, it wasn't that the pattern was difficult.  There are only the usual left and right leaning decreases and two of the rows have double decreases.  My problem was that I skipped a row.
Can you see it?  The pattern has you knit 8 rows of pattern, then 4 rows of garter stitch, then repeat the 12 rows once more.  I was half way through the second repeat, but I kept thinking that something was looking wrong.  The top repeat was bigger, and more filled in than the first repeat.  Then I figured it out, I had skipped rows 3 and 4.  (The even rows are just purling back.)

RIPPIT!  I ripped back to the garter stitch spacer row, and started the whole section over again.  I made myself stay up until I had finished one full repeat, but I was just too tired by this time to continue, and I didn't want to make another big mistake, so I gave up and just went to bed.
I finished the section when I got home from work the next day.  I am really glad that I didn't leave the mistake in.  I am also glad that I don't work on the weekends, so I can catch up if I fall behind!

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Day 5

No comments:

Post a Comment