Monday, December 8, 2014

Advent Calendar Scarf 2014, Day 6

Hello:

This is the pattern for Day 6 of the 2014 Advent Calendar Scarf by Kristin Benecken.  I remember knitting this pattern for last year's scarf.  It was the Day 14 pattern last year.  There are 2 complicated parts to this pattern, and I have a bit of a tutorial on last year's blog if you want to check it out.

To create the bottom of each bump, you YO, then make 3 from 1 stitch with a knit YO knit all in one stitch, then YO one more time.  To close the bump at the top you make a left leaning decrease (like ssk), then knit 3 together.  Then you pass the loop from the first decrease over the k3tog. The knitting 3 together was the toughest part for me, and slowed me down quite a bit.  Although I am a fairly loose knitter, I sometimes found it tough to get the needle through all 3 stitches.

 Although this pattern is fiddly and a bit slow to knit, it is really striking.  I wrote last year that I wanted to use it in some other project, and I still feel the same.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Day 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment