Monday, December 8, 2014

Advent Calendar Scarf 2014, Day 4

Hello:
I am catching up on posting the photos for my Advent Calendar Scarf 2014, by Kristin Benecken.  I really like how this lace pattern looks.  It is a bit closed up on my scarf because I am using size 0 needles, but I hope it will open up when I block the scarf.


The pattern really reminds me of the lace in the Coupling Socks by Deb Barnhill.  I knit those socks 2 years ago, and I still love wearing them.

I think the motif is slightly larger in the Coupling Socks, but it is the same general design.  It was very simple to knit.  There are left and right leaning single decreases, and a double decrease that is slip one (I slipped as if to knit) k2tog, and pass the slipped stitch over.  That was about it in complexity.  I am not sure if you can see it in the photos but you are basically knitting diamonds that are separated from each other by YOs.  I could definitely see using this pattern again.  Perhaps in socks?  ha ha ha ha.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Day 4


No comments:

Post a Comment