Sunday, June 16, 2013

Stage 2 Sock Update

Hello:

Happy Fathers Day!

I woke up at 6 am, and the sun was already quite high.  As we are almost at the solstice, our days are very long right now.  I love it.  I got right to work on my socks for Stage 2 of Tour de Sock, the Chicane Socks by Debbie O'Neill.

I had finished the legs of one sock and needed one more repeat on the second sock.  I started these socks 2-at-a-time, but since they have a cable that crosses back and forth along the side, it was awkward to knit them that way.  I separated them after the color work and have been working on them separately. 

Here is what they look with the legs finished:
The cables continue down the heel flaps.  Here is what the outside of the flaps looks like:
And here is the inside:
I have finished both heel turns, and picked up all of the gusset stitches.  Now the socks are back on one needle.  I have to pick up Moogie down in Portland tomorrow morning.  She has finished school, and will be home for the summer.  It is about a three and a half hour drive to her school, so most of my day will be spent in the car.  I am going to bring something to work on, probably not the socks, and try to talk Moogie into helping with the driving back.  She might just want to sleep. 

For Fathers Day, we went to the movies to see Now You See Me.  I mostly liked it.  We almost always go to see movies on special days.  We only lived near any family for 4 years of our life as a family, so we have always celebrated by ourselves.  And we love movies.

Himes grilled steaks for the family. Mine was perfect.  And I made vanilla ice cream which we served with fresh strawberries as the Doc loves strawberry icecream.

I gave him the Braveheart Socks I designed and knit this year, and he seemed very happy.  He loves wearing hand knit socks.

I am off work next week, but I really need to get these socks finished.  I won't be able to knit much on them tomorrow, so I will really have to crank on Tuesday.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with half finished socks.



No comments:

Post a Comment