Sunday, June 2, 2013

Quick Post from So. Cal.

Hello:

I'm posting from my brother's house in So. Cal.where I am spending a week.  I am here because my sister-in-law has had to do some military training thing in Hawaii. 

I have been knitting like crazy on the first Stage of the Tour de Sock:  The Secret Fan by Adrienne Fong.  I have just about abandoned the Stage 5 Sock Madness socks.  The zipper was a night mare for me.  I still don't have one of them set up correctly.  I needed something positive, so I started the Tour de Sock socks, and am back to having fun.





I'm using some Spud and Chloe that I used in Round 2 of Sock Madness and some beads that Skeinherder gave me.  The pattern is easy, just a bit slow for the beading.

My brother is greatly improved.  Well, he has ALS, so of course the disease is still progressing, but he is really improved from the last time I was here to help.

He had had an operation, or well, the chance for one last time.  And since they decided not to do the experimetal procedure last time, and he was pretty depressed about that.  Also, they did do some stuff, like put in a feeding tube, so he was sore.  He seemed to lose so much function so quickly, that I was worried he wouldn't be able to participate in the family reunion we have planned for this summer. 

It is amazing what a bit of time, his great kids, and just life can do for him.  He has recovered a lot of his hand, arms and other functions.  He is back to work.  He is positive about the future.  I am so relieved.

Anyway,  I will try to post more tomorrow.  I'm falling asleep, and unsure if what I'm typing is making sense, but too tired to really proof-read it.

So, I'll say goodnight.
Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with some new kitties to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment