Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sock Madness Round 3 Day 3

Hello! 
It's after midnight and I need to get some rest.  I have finally finished reducing the gussets for the Sock Madness Round 3 socks, Greenhouse Socks by Anita Grahn.

 I was up and knitting by 7 am.  I finished the first heel flap, and was getting ready to make the first heel turn, when
I noticed that I had either dropped 2 stitches or knit them together... something was making the heel flap count wrong.  I frogged the heel flap back about half way, picked up the missing stitches, and got back to work.  I do not know why, but I was knitting really slowly for some reason.  But I did finally finish knitting both heel flaps
With no dropped stitches.  I picked up the gusset stitches, and just finished reducing the gussets on both socks.  There looks like there is sometype of pattern on the sole of the foot section, not at all sure what is involved.  Unfortunately, there is no chart, so I will have read the instructions carefully to make sure the sole is knit up properly. 

With the gussets finished, I need to knit about 5 more inches for these socks to fit me.  That means 3 more inches of the foot, then the toes.  As I said, there is some type of sole shaping, and the toes are supposed to be weird.  I will just have to go line by line.

Anyway, good night for now.
Peace,
f1berat
shaping the planet with blooming daffodils.



No comments:

Post a Comment