Thursday, April 25, 2013

2 Year Blogniversary

Hello:
I almost missed my 2 year anniversary of blogging, which is today.   I've been thinking about it all month, knowing it was coming closer and closer, and then, since my Thursdays are very busy, and today was no exception, I almost went to bed without a blogniversary post.

Just a quick one, though, because it is late and I am tired.

I had a wonderful day today. 

I went to sewing lab and finished my new circular project bag, all except for the pull ties.  I am not entirely happy with it, but it is ok.  I learned a lot making it though.  After class, I bought more material for 2 more bags.  One I will make from the Bag Making Bible, and one I am designing myself.  I don't have a photo of the finished bag as I was running from place to place with little time to stop and take photos.

I tutored my middle school student, and then volunteered in the Math Credit Retrieval class.  One of the students couldn't understand why he got a problem wrong on a quiz, so the 2 of us went over the problem and discovered that they quiz had an error.  That is always gratifying.

Then, after dinner, I went to Interlake High School and watched their Spring musical, High School Musical. My son, Pookie, is in the play.  The students did a wonderful job, and they play was a big hit.

I did very little knitting or crocheting, except during intermission at the play.

I did want to show you the new coffee cup cozy I have been making.  I have 2 good friends with birthdays this month, and this will make a small, but heartfelt gift.

It is a very easy knitted leaf motif.  I knit one leaf and finished it off, then started the 2nd leaf and picked up stiches in the first leaf as I went along.  I finished off the 2nd leaf, and started the 3rd leaf attaching it to the 2nd leaf.  I left a long final yarn tail when I had finished off the 3rd leaf, and used that tail to sew the 3rd leaf to the first leaf.  Very simple.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the world with 2 full years of blogging about my stitching adventures.





No comments:

Post a Comment