Monday, September 17, 2012

Why Do I Do This?

Chihuly Garden and Glass
Why do I tell myself, One More Row?  Then I am dead tired and can barely write?

Well this will have to be quick because I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.

Today, I finished the heels of my Socks For McGonagall, the Coupling Socks by Deb Barnhell.

I did an Eye of Partridge heel instead of the ribbed one in the pattern.  Or should I say "modified" EoP Heel as I got off on one sock and you can see where I ribbed for 2 rows.  I am not fixing it. 

Since these are toe up, I can try them on and so far they fit beautifully.






I finished one of my Spa Washcloths, using the idea from Liz Marino's Gift Knits Club.  I didn't get a photo of it though since I finished it after dinner, and it was too dark to take a decent photo.  I'm not necessarily using her textured patterns, but am riffing a bit on them.  I plan to make 10 more of these, well 9 more now, for Christmas gifts for Sisters and Sisters in Law.  Also, for the HPKCHC, I proposed those 10 new ones for my BROOM project.  AND, I just remembered.  I am in a group that is doing a group project for the Marauders Mission Thread in Gryffindor.  We have taken on a "Relaxicrafting Mission."  I kid you not.  We will win a shiney badge by crafting something that is relaxing every month.  It needs to be something that is for a class, and these washcloths are super relaxing.  They are not boring because they have some pattern to them, but they are easy and small and I can take them just about anywhere.

Life
was good today.  Not much happening here.  My daughter, Moogie, has taken off with my car on a driving adventure with a college buddy to visit some National Parks in Utah and Arizona.  I hope to post photos from her trip, perhaps with a bit of a guest blog.

My son, Himes, the dancer at U of A, called and sounded great on the phone.

And I bought a new Roomba, from iRobot.


 I splurged for the model that is programmable.  Right now, I have it vacuuming the living room/dining room every morning at 8.  I love it.  It is totally taming the cat hair.  The cats hate it.


Got to get some sleep.  Just want to say that I walked 1 mile today.

Stay safe and well.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a clean rug.

Chihuly Garden and Glass

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your socks! And thank you for reminding me of the simplicity of washcloths. I need to make some more of those.

    ReplyDelete