Friday, September 21, 2012

FO Friday with Crocodile Flowers

Crocodile Flower Square by Joyce Lewis (Dunnica)
Hello!

I have finished hooking the filler square for August for the 2012 BAMCAL group on Ravelry.  It is the beautiful, and I do mean BEAUTIFUL Crocodile Flower Square, designed by Joyce Lewis who is Dunnica on Ravelry.

This is a very thick, detailed square.  You form the square first, then go back and add on the flowers.

The flower are added starting from the outer most layer.

Dunnica has given me permission to do round photos of this amazing square, and I hope to get them up next week.  The only problem is that she must be a super tight hooker because I had to leave off some of the outermost framing rounds to get my square within the 12" measurement I need.  So, I might do one square that is true to the pattern, and another that shows how I modified the square to fit the measurements I need for my afghans.


I actually photographed about half of my round photos, but I was in a hurry to finish up my 2 squares because I submitted them as part of an assignment for HPKCHC


This was a particularly fun assignment.  It is for the Muggle Studies Class.  We had to craft something that we needed for our term at Hogwarts that a Muggle might also use at their school. The best part was that Slytherin House joined us for a little bit of Interhouse Unity.  We could get together with a Slytherin, and agree on a project together, then work as a team.

I was paired with someone from England (how cool is that?) named sentstarr, on Ravelry.  Since she knits and crochets, just as I do, I asked her if we could make something out of this pattern so I could get my afghan squares done.  She graciously agreed.  I sewed mine together and then fixed some chains so that it is a "book cover."
Sentstarr hooked a different square, sewed hers together, with a strap and made a "bookbag."

The real fun was chatting back and forth as we made our squares.

Stay safe and well.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a friend in the Dungeon!




2 comments:

  1. Those squares are gorgeous!! I must go find the pattern! lol (this is stitchywitchy, BTW...saw your blog post in the CR!) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy negotiate primarily superior what's more beneficial material, consumers read the thing: florarie cluj

    ReplyDelete