Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Eastside Stitchers, YAY!


Hello!
Guess where I was tonight?

I was back with my people, my buds, my fiber friends, my Eastside Stitchers!

Yes, Eastside Stitchers met tonight at Crossroads Mall in Bellevue, WA.  I cannot tell you how happy I was to see people knitting.  I love my family.  I do.  But, when I was down in California, I would say something like, "This yarn is so squishy."  And no one would try to pet it.  Or, "I'm getting such nice stitch definition."  And no one would check the piece, and ask about the twist.  No one ever asked me the name of any of the patterns I was knitting.  I love my family.. but I love my Eastside Stitchers.

So, who was there, and what were they stitching?

GwenS had a new shawl on the needles.  She was knitting Honey Bunches, by IrishGirlieKnits.  This photo is going to be horrible, because there is no good light in Crossroads, but the yarn is Madelinetosh Sock in Tart.  This is the most beautiful red.
Yeah, the photo does NOT show the gorgeous color.

Redbird1 was knitting a vest, the Eternalism Vest by Talitha Kuomi.  She tried to claim that she was using some old bulky yarn from her stash, but it was knitting up beautifully.
The yarn is James Brett Marble Chunky.  

We have some new members of our little SnB group.  I got to meet Skeinherder for the first time tonight.  Well, meet in real life that is, as she has been chatting a bit in our online threads on Ravelry.  I love when new people join our group, and having them show up at Crossroads is even better.  But enough of this, what was Skeinherder stitching?
A beautiful lace baby blanket, of course.  It is the Norma Blanket by Meghan Jones.  So soft looking.

Hvrdmnky had a new pattern by Stephen West, the Barndom Shawl.  The yarn she was using was very very cool.  It is Tri'Coterie's Sock MCN in the Cold Black Heart colorway.


 I don't know if you can see it, but there is a bit of a sparkle in the yarn.  She told me that the MCN stood for Marino/Cashmere/Nylon.  It has an amazing feel.  The twist is just right so it is very springy, but the stitch definition is wonderful.


Tara1682 has finished her beautiful Linen Stitch Scarf.  It really looks woven, it is so perfect.

The pattern came from Churchmouse Yarn & Teas, and the yarn is Malabrigo Sock Yarn in the color Playa.  That was just show and tell, though.  Tara was starting a new hat, the Autumn Vines Beret by Alana Dakos, in a Madelinetosh yarn, DK weight, but the exact same colorway (Tart) as GwenS.  Great minds think alike, and Eastside Stitchers is full of Great Minds.
I was so proud of myself, because when she showed me the pattern, I recognized the designer.  I love listening to Alana Dakos's podcast, NeverNotKnitting, and drooled over her various patterns, especially the book, Coastal Knits.

I am usually so bad at remembering names, but I am starting to recognize designers' names, and that makes me feel like a legit knitter.

Ellyol came a bit later than usual, and brought a baby blanket she was hooking.

Ellyol also had a washcloth that she was knitting, yes knitting.
Ellyol has learned how to knit AND purl, and is determined to learn how to make socks.  As a sock lover, I heartily approve.

Chockelet was also working on a Linen Stitch Scarf.  She was knitting in Schaefer Yarn in the Indigo colorway.

Chockelet is always so funny.  She told us about this woman she knows who does Squirrel rescue.  I believe she said the woman is "Nuttier than the squirrels."  Love it!

I was knitting my Striped Slouchy Hat.  I got the pattern and yarn at the Fiber Gallery during the Puget Sound LYS Tour back in May.  I plan to turn this hat in for a class in HPKCHC, once I figure out which prompt it fits the best...  Perhaps it will fit for Charms.  The prompt/assignment this month is to craft something that will protect you from extreme weather.  A hat will certainly do that.

Good night, all.  So glad to be back with my Stitch Buds.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with people who love yarn






 

No comments:

Post a Comment