Friday, September 7, 2012

Round Photos for Shape Shifting in 12-12




by Dragonflymomof2, Aurora Suominen

Main Square for 2012BAMCAL Group on Ravelry
I would like to thank Aurora Suominen for this very interesting and different design, and for allowing me to post these round photos.  She is so creative.  Please check out her Ravelry Designer Page, and her blog, MyBlueAngels.

If I changed anything while I hooked, I will note that in BLUE.  Otherwise, I will just state, "as written." 
After I did my first block and notes for this pattern, I made a second with crazy color changes, just to see what it looks like.  I did not take notes on this, or photos for every round (sorry), but I can say that I held the unused color at the back as in mosaic crochet so I did not have too many ends to weave in.  Also, I went down a hook for the 2nd block and used G.

Recommended hook:  H, 5.0 mm

Round 1
as written 


Round 2
as written 




Round 3
as written, no photo for 2nd square

Round 4
as written, no photo


Round 5
as written 


Round 6
as written 


Round 7
I wasn't sure where the 2 extra sc were to be placed, so I put them in the ch2 spaces.
So I hooked:
Ch3, DC in joining. Dc in 4 dc, 2 DC in next dc [+Ch2, SC in ch2 sp, SC in 6 st, SC in Ch2 sp, Ch2+ ,  2DC in next dc, DC in 4dc, 2DC in next dc] 3x Repeat + to + once and join (32DC and SC, 8ch2 sp)




Round 8
I placed the 2 extra sc in the ch2 spaces.
[+Ch2, SC in Ch2 sp, SC in 8 st, SC in Ch2 sp, Ch2+ , ... and the rest was as written






Round 9
I placed the 2 extra sc in the ch2 spaces.
[+Ch2, SC in Ch2 sp, SC in 10 st, SC in Ch2 sp, Ch2+ , ... and the rest was as written






Round 10
as written





Round 11
as written




Measured here:





Round 12
I was already at 11 in with the Red, White and Blue square, (I tend to hook loosely), so I simply hooked a round of DC with the 2DC Ch1 2DC corners.




I was short on the 2nd square so I hooked another round of DC


 Finished Squares:


Thank you again, Aurora Suominen. 

HPKCHC News
I have started my first term in the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup as a First Year Gryffindor.  I am trying to be a really good member of my house while not going crazy, so I am trying very hard to fit the things I already need/want to make into the class assignments. 

The assignment for Potions is to Craft something so silly or foolish that it would annoy any witch or wizard without a great sense of humor.  Or make something that seems like it would be silly or foolish, but make it so amazingly awesome that they have to acknowledge that silly and foolish can be great to do. 

I plan to turn in the Red/White/Blue version of this square as something that seems like it would be silly or foolish, as it has so many color changes, but I hope it looks awesome.  From what I hear, the "professors" are fairly liberal in acceptance, so, I should be able to get points for this.

Stay safe and well.
Yours,
f1bercat
Shaping the planet with a lot of shape shifting

No comments:

Post a Comment