Saturday, June 21, 2014

Bibs

Hello:
Happy Summer Solstice!

I wanted to show you the three bibs that I hooked for Schrike and ErikaRS.

I am using some Sugar 'n Cream cotton in worsted weight and single crochet.  Once I had the general "bib" shape figured out, it has been fun to play with colors and color blocking. The first bibs I made had a snap closure.  Then I figured out how to make a button closure instead.  Then I changed the pattern again to have a tie closure.  I think this is easiest for the parent, and has no parts that can fall off.

So, the first bib is a Gryffindor Scarf Bib.

Then I decided to make what I am calling "Interlocking" bib.
Pookie said that it looks like Legos.

The last is my "Slant" bib.

Since they are all cotton, they are easy to wash.  And the bits of color just add fun.

It looks like it is going to be a glorious day for the solstice.  The sun won't set until after 9 pm tonight. Enjoy.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment