Wednesday, June 18, 2014

50% CoMC OWL Update

Hello:

I am "hatching a dragon egg" for my Care of Magical Creatures OWL (Ordinary Wizarding Levels).  How I managed to convince the OWL examiner that the dragons are Frost Dragons... well, let's just say that they are willing to suspend disbelief.

Anyway, my goal is to make 15 Christmas Balls and 15 Snowflakes.  I thought I could make the balls in about 3 hours or so, but wow, I really underestimated.  Each ball is taking me 5 - 6 hours of knitting.  But I don't care because I just love them.  Also, I have been using Cascade 220, so they are much bigger than they are supposed to be.  Here are the 8 balls that I have finished so far:








 I have been sharing the snowflakes here as I have finished them, so I will just do a group shot:
The top row are the ones that I designed.

Now that I am not frantically knitting socks, I have been able to focus on finishing up other important projects.  I need to get the afghan done for my nephew.  The Doc is headed to Las Vegas next week where he will meet up with some members of his family to celebrate a 21st birthday.  Since that nephew, my #2 Godson, will be there, Doc will deliver the afghan.  I need to actually have a finished afghan.... not just a bunch of squares.

Also, we are having a baby shower at the Fiber Friday version of Eastside Stitchers this coming Friday... in 2 days.  I have been finishing up the baby gifts I will bring to the shower.  They aren't anything huge, but I had fun making them. For obvious reasons, I'll post photos after the shower.

Tonight is Pookie's last night before heading out to Beijing for the summer.  Since he will be in China for his birthday, we are celebrating tonight.  I will try to head out for a bit of Eastside Stitchers' regular Wednesday meet up.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Dragons' Eggs and breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment