Saturday, April 19, 2014

I often think in blog post titles

Hello:

Since I started writing this blog, over 3 years ago, I have noticed that I often think in blog post titles.  For instance, I will be driving through the 5-way stop on my way to Bellevue College to tutor when someone goes out of turn and narrowly misses T-boning me.  "Almost Killed on the Way to My Minimum Wage Job" will pop into my head (after many many other angry words).  Or, say I'm at the grocery store shopping for apples.  "Where Are All The Opal Apples?"  might be the name of another post.

Luckily for you, dear readers, I usually forget the title and the idea for the post long before I ever sit down with my computer and start to write.

Today, as I was dying eggs for tomorrow's Easter Brunch, I couldn't help but remember the brunch I made 3 years ago, and dying eggs on that Holy Saturday.  Not only were 4 of my kids still home, only Allifer was living on her own, but my 3 youngest God Kids were living here, too.  The God Kids helped with the egg dying.  That Easter Brunch had 10 places set at the table.  It was so much fun. 

Last year, though smaller (only 7 places at the table), was fun, too.  I bought zombie Easter Bunnies at a local chocolate shop (now out of business).  We had mimosas, and other goodies.
So, this year, as I was dying the eggs all alone by myself, knowing that Moogie, Himes, and Pookie won't be joining us, I thought of this title:

Sad Pathetic Mom, Hoping to Keep Tradition Alive, Dyes Easter Eggs By Herself

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with colored eggs


No comments:

Post a Comment