Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Babies, Babies, Babies at Eastside Stitchers

Hello:

I am such a bad reporter!  We had 4 babies at our  Eastside Stitchers meet up at Crossroads Mall tonight, but I only snapped a photo of Addie!  Elena, and Caroline joined us at the beginning of the evening, and Genevieve (BlueBerryMary's Grand-Niece) joined near the end.  It was fun to have so many future knitters at the round tables near Half-Price Books and Starbucks.

Anerenbe was making things for her expected new knitter.  She finished another baby hat

and was almost done with the Newborn Vertebrae cardigan.
She is using Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock Yarn in the Cliffdiving colorway.

ReadnitDream brought some finished crochet hats for charity.
The Eastside Knitters Guild is calling 2014 The Year of the Hat.  We are crafting hats for all different charities.

ReadnitDream was crocheting some super bulky yarn into a lovely afghan.

On the opposite end of the fiber weight scale, Tara1682 continues to make progress on her lovely Juno Regina Shawl.  This week she allowed me to photograph how far she has gotten.
GwenS not only brought the lovely and happy Addie, but she stayed and knit.  She is working on a beautiful Leaded Windows cowl.  The yarn is Malabrigo, of course.
Chockelet brought her finished beaded shawl, Iznik I heart you shawl, by bunnymuff.  All she needs to do is block it.
Here is a close up of the beads.
and domesticshorthair came right near the end with her angora scarf, the Celtic Bunny Scarf by Toots LeBlanc & Co.
Weirdly, I didn't think to get my camera out at the beginning.  I missed Wajio's Straightforward Mitts, Hrvdmnky's babies, and SeattleAmy.  O!  Alphabetadell was there in the very beginning, too, and I missed her project.  Editing this right away to say that BlueBerry Mary joined us with her beautiful grand-niece, Genevieve, but brought nothing to work on.  It was fun to watch the two little girls interact.  Ha ha ha, after I went to bed, I also remembered that Pam2 was knitting with us at the beginning.  She brought the cotton summer sweater that she is absolutely cranking away on.  I'm sorry I didn't get a photo of that, as she has made great progress.

But, this is one of the things I love about Stitch Night.  People come and join in when they can for as long as they can.  It is very informal and fun.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Harry Potter Homework as the Spring Term starts tomorrow.  Got to run, I need to get my WIP the First Project ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment