Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Perfect Day

Hello:

It was gray and rainy today.  We even had a bit of thunder and lightening tonight.  I didn't get called in to Substitute Teach, and it is early enough in the quarter that I have only been assigned one student, so I didn't have to tutor.  The Doc has the early shift this week, and has been going in to the hospital by 6:30 am.  So I got up about when he left, and other than making myself meals, I watched movies, tv shows, and listened to podcasts while I knit on the Round 2 Socks for Sock Madness.

I have been watching the show Arrow.  I love shows and movies based on comic book heros.  I love a man (or a woman for that matter) with a bow.  Arrow is based on the DC comic series, Green Arrow.  It is the most ridiculous story.  Most of the writing is very silly, but every episode has enough redeeming features that I just can't stop watching it.

My daughter, Allifer, and her boyfriend, Zemo, have watched some of it, too.  When I'm watching a show that I know my kids have watched, I just can't help texting them about the show.  Zemo is my favorite person for this because he grew up reading comics and knows tons of the back stories, and "cannon" for each character.  Zemo tells me which supervillians are supposed to be in the Green Arrow's world, and which actually belong to other super heroes, etc.  He is better than a comicwiki. 

This show is also fun because there are lots of actresses and actors that I love from other shows.  There are two people from Dr. Who, (Captain Jack and River Song) and two people from Firefly (Simon and River).  I just love when I recognize people.

The main character is a billionaire (of course) playboy (ha ha ha of course) who was shipwrecked for 5 years on an island off the coast of China.  During his time on the island, he not only learned to speak Chinese and Russian, but he also became a martial arts expert and an expert bowman.  One super funny part of the show is that he is always training and working out.  Of course he does this shirtless.  Zemo told me that he likes to set a timer when each episode begins to see how long it will take until the main character takes his shirt off. 

So, I binge watched Arrow today, and knit knit knit on the Round 2 socks for Sock Madness.


I have finished the cuff and the legs for both socks.  Tonight, I finished the heel flaps, the heel turns, and have begun the gussets.  I don't have a picture yet to show the heels, but they are just beautiful.  Really, I love them.  I promise photos tomorrow, when there is decent light.

I'm hoping to make it to Fiber Friday tomorrow at Crossroads.  The socks are on a stockinette stitch part for the bulk of the foot, so I should be able to knit on them in public with no problem.  My goal is to finish the feet tomorrow, and have the socks entirely finished by Sunday.

But, I will need another really good show to watch...

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with legs and heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment