Monday, April 21, 2014

Finished Round 3

Happy Easter (a day late)

I almost finished my Round 3 socks for Sock Madness yesterday.  After the actual socks are finished,

you have to go back and knit a row of icords in the 7 contrast colors for the button band.  This was very fiddly, and mine are not super even, but, I don't care, they are finished.  Also, there are about 1 gazillion ends to weave in.



There are all the ends for the cuffs, and for the heels, though I wove those in when I finished the heels.  Then, at the bottom of the foot, near the toes, there is another set of rainbow stripes.  These are not done in linen stitch, just stockinette, but there are ends for every color.

Before I knit the icord button bands, I wanted to get the weaving in finished.  THEN, after the band is knit, you have to sew on the buttons.  There are only two button holes, but you put buttons on the inside AND the outside so the cuffs can be worn either up or folded down.

I finished third in the Tenacious Tadpoles bracket.  25 finishers in each bracket will move on to the next round, so I am guaranteed to move on.  I should have 1 - 2 weeks to work on other things while I wait for the next round to start.
Not sure how much I like these.  I love the heels.  The stripes on the feet are nice, too. Not really a fan of the "pipes" (the icord).  I might use these heels, or a variation of them, on a design of my own.  They are really pretty.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with rainbow icords.




No comments:

Post a Comment