Friday, April 25, 2014

Fiber Friday, Again!

It is weirdly tough to get a decent photo of our Stellar's Jays.  For such loud big birds, they are camera shy.

Ok, this has to be fast because I'm supposed to be folding the last 2 loads of laundry and packing for my trip to Arizona to watch Himes dance.  But, I got on Ravelry, and now I'm way behind.

Ok, Four of us met at Crossroads this morning.  I make it to this group less and less often, but every time I do manage to have a Friday morning off, I think, I need a 4 day a week job!

JulieMustKnit called this a failed swatch because she knows she needs to frog and change needle size, but CathieC said, "no that makes it a successful swatch, because you learned what you need to do to make the project successful BEFORE you ended up with something you don't love."  Words of wisdom!

Schrike is still knitting for the soon-to-be best dressed baby in Washington.
He is finishing up the last sleeve of this gorgeous colorwork sweater.

And, LOOK!  CathieC has finished the Douglas Fir hat she was working on at the Wednesday meet up.  Everything  but the final weaving in.

I brought the latest square for the Sampler Baby Afghan I am knitting.
I have also been doing some crocheting of baby items
That is just a peek, as these are gifts!

I will try to post from Arizona, but I think our hotel does not have free internet (WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??) and I am way too cheap to pay, so it might have to wait until I get back to So. Calif. on Sunday evening.

I hope I have some photos of Himes and Tucson and the family in general.  If we are allowed, I will try to take some video of the performance.  (I don't think we will be allowed to video, but if we are...)

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with great Friday friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment