Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Glad to be back with the Group

Hello:

Our modem is on the fritz, and so I am using a back up internet connection that is super slow.  This will be a quick post.

I made it to Crossroads tonight to meet up with the Eastside Stitchers after way too many days and nights away.  It was a small group, but so much fun to catch up with everyone.

BlueBerryMary is back from her trip to Haiti.  She has some photos and writes about her trip on her BLOG.  It was really fun to hear about the school that her church members is helping to build, and the other things she did and saw.  She brought a lace and bead scarf to knit tonight.  This is her first project with lace and beads, and she is doing a wonderful job.

Wajio is still trying to use up all of her baby yarn by knitting another pair of baby socks.
We talked about the upcoming sheep shearing event at our local Kelsey Creek Farm.  Last year I helped demonstrate spinning with the spinning guild (ok, I mostly hung out with the real spinners) during the Wild-And-Wooly event.  This will be happening Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 11:00 am - 4:00 pm.  I won't be able to attend this year as I will be in Arizona watching Himes dance.  But, if you are local, take the time to go to the park.  It is a really fun day, and the shearers are awesome.

Wireknitter is working on another shawl by Susan Ashcroft using some lovely gradient KnitWhits Freia Handpaints Freia Ombre Lace in Gray.  The shawl pattern is called YOLO.

And Tara1682 brought her lovely Juno Regina shawl by Miriam Felton.  She has reached the part on the pattern where she can begin the mirrored end lace pattern again, but, she doesn't think the shawl is long enough, so she is going to keep on knitting for a bit.
I brought the Round 2 socks for Sock Madness.  At first, since I am using black yarn, I thought I would have to bring something easier to knit on, but I have finished the linen stitch cuffs and am onto the stockinette legs sections.  Although black yarn is still tough to knit unless the lighting is bright, I was able to see well enough to knit straight stockinette with the group.

That's it for tonight.  My computer is having trouble uploading the last few photos, so I am crossing my fingers that they actually show up.

If not, I will try to edit the post and get them in.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with great knitting friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment