Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Eastside Stitchers Wednesday Meet Up

 
Hello:

Two tables tonight at Crossroads for the Wednesday night meet up of the Eastside Stitchers.  There were so many people there, that I am just going to do a quick run down of who showed up, and what they brought to stitch.

CathieC had been taking a break form the madness of Mal March.  But she was back tonight with one of her Mal March projects, a lovely Douglas Fir hat by Melissa Schaschwary, in Malabrigo Worsted, of course.


I just love the ribbing on this hat.

Alphabetadell brought yet another Dogwood Blossom Afghan
See, the problem is, that when you make such a gorgeous gift, and other people see this gift, they are likely to want one, too.

Wajio was not working on baby socks... though she still has a bit of that skein left... She did bring in a pair for show and tell
She was working on what I think is the second of her Straightforward Mitts.
One of our newest Stitchers joined the group.  She did very little knitting, but kept us all entertained with her sparkling conversation, instead.
Chockelet had a Knitting Night Out.  She brought an amazing beaded shawl.  It is the Iznik-I-Heart-You Shawl by bunnymuff.

This shawl takes about 1500 beads.

Anerenbe brought a baby hat.  The pattern is the Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat by Keri McKiernan.  The yarn is Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock Yarn in Cliffdiving.
WireKnitter is knitting a Madrona Lace Scarf by  Evelyn A. Clark.  This was the official pattern for the Madrona Fiber Arts Festival this year.
Tara1682 wouldn't let me photograph her Juno Regina shawl, as she says it looks just like last week, but with maybe 1 inch more.
I had to take a quick shot of the shawl peeking out of her knitting bag.

Readnitdream brought her first Fair Isle hat.  She is doing a lovely job with the colorwork.  The pattern is Vermont Hat by Shannon M. Simonelli.
BlueBerryMary brought the sleeves for the sweater she is knitting for her grandson.
DomesticShortHair brought a lovely cabled scarf.  The pattern is Celtic Bunny Scarf by Toots LeBlanc and Co.  The yarn is a merino/angora blend and is wonderfully soft.
Pam2 has made good progress on the summer sweater she is knitting. 

Ugh, I don't have the pattern or the yarn.  But, Pam2 had a good story about the yarn.  She was worried that she wouldn't have enough of the yarn, and it has been discontinued.  I suggested that she check Ravelry to see if anyone has it in their stash.  Maybe they would be willing to sell or trade it.  Well, it worked.  She found the yarn she needed, and although it wasn't listed as For Sale, she contacted the owner, and was able to buy the yarn!  Thank goodness for Ravelry.  And thank goodness for all of the knitting podcasts that I listen to, as that is where I got the idea.  I'm pretty sure Abby of KnitKnit Cafe, has bought yarn she needed this way.

I almost forgot to show you what GwenS brought, other that the gorgeous Addy.  Like Chockelet, GwenS is finishing up a Mal March project.  This is the Leaded Windows Cowl by Kate Vanover.  The yarn is Malabrigo Rios in Arcos Iris and Azul Profundo.
Ok, I have to work tomorrow, so I need to get to bed.  I just want to say how much I enjoy our meet ups, and how much I enjoy my knitting friends.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with friends

1 comment:

  1. How lucky you all are to have that as a view while you meet!

    ReplyDelete