Friday, June 1, 2012

June 6 in. Square for 2012 BAMCAL






I am not doing a full tutorial because she expressly forbids this on her website.  The directions are pretty clear, though, and if you DO have trouble, she has generously made a tutorial for the square.  The link to this video is HERE.

SmoothFox has a Ravelry Store, an Etsy Store, and a blog: SmoothFoxLover.

One extra cool thing about this designer is that she donates squares to the charity, Online Angels.  She posts her design for free, but asks that if you make this square, please make an extra one to donate.  Here is the information for donating copied from the pattern:

Won’t you please take a few moments to make a square for a wonderful charity that is in great need of squares to help the less fortunate.

Mail to:
Online Angels
Attn: SmoothFox
36 B Pine Drive
Pottsville, PA 17901

Please include your name, State or Country and square count on a small note so that Mary with Online Angels can send (SmoothFox) your info to post on (her) blog.

This is a dense, textured square, that looks deceptively complicated.   I made my first square in a single color, and with the second square I did not change colors in the same places she did, so my joins are a bit different.  Also, I slip stitched to the corners, and started some of my rounds in slightly different places.  The end result looks the same.

I am going to post both squares, so you can see what color changes do to the look.

Hope you enjoy this square, I sure did.

Round 1



Round 2



Round 3



Round 4



Round 5 Final Round






 I made a yellow one to donate.  Here's the corner of it:

 

Where in the World is f1bercat?


I knit  5.33 miles today and walked a big .26 miles.  The walking is super boring even though the treadmills have TV's!  I am going to bring my Kindle next week, and try to read while I walk and see if that helps.  I tell myself that I will walk for 10 minutes, and, I am not kidding, at about 3 minutes, I am dying to stop.  Mostly because of the boredom.

Where am I?  OMG, sorry S, I stopped off at a LYS! 

View Larger Map

(I am at M, and S's university is at N)

 I am 1.7 miles from visiting you in your dorm, but I am checking out the yarn at Dublin Bay. I have to say their Website is very inviting.  In the first place, right now, the first page is full of GREEN yarns.  Since the SolidSocks challenge for this month (June) is green, it really caught my eye, but it is just gorgeous.  I clicked on the Our Store button and just drooled at the names of the yarns they stock.  I couldn't hope to name them all here, but wow, they have EVERYTHING.  I am going to make my Eastside Stitchers do a Portland yarn crawl soon!  (and by soon, I mean after I have knitted up at least half of the stuff I bought during the Puget Sound yarn crawl...)

Anyway, S, I will definitely be with you on Monday!  I love you.

Mom.

For the rest of you, please stay safe and well.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet one donated afghan square at a time


















No comments:

Post a Comment