Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sock Progress




This is the spoiler picture for the Solid Socks Group in Ravelry.  We use this picture on our project page so that people won't accidentally see progress photos of the mystery socks and spoil the surprise.  Warning, I am going to post my progress photos, so if you don't want to see the cuffs (clue 1) and one repeat of the leg (clue 2), then please don't scroll down.

Where in the World is f1bercat?

I had a dentist appointment today, just a routine cleaning, but it messed up my usual schedule.  I still went to the Y and both rode the bike while knitting and walked while riding.  Who says  I can't multi-task?

So I knitted for 5.8 miles.  I felt pretty good, and was able to keep up a good pace.  I need to take a photo of the spa washcloth I am knitting while riding.  I am making good progress.  After riding, I got on the tread mill and walked for .55 miles.  I am trying to work up to 1 mile walked each day.  I was able to speed up the treadmill a little bit.  I read a bit over 1 chapter of The Game of Thrones.  I have already noticed that my back and legs are feeling better and stronger each day.  I am not sure about how much my cardio has improved, as I am super out of shape. But I am starting to see and feel some real progress.

Where does my 6.35 miles for today put me?


View Larger Map

a bit north of Oregon City.

WIP's

I have finished the first clue for the Solid Socks Group's June/July Mystery Sock, Rombikiri, by YarnYenta.

It has a tulip cuff, very cool.  I am using the Huckleberry Knits yarn that I bought during the Puget Sound LYS Crawl at Apple Yarns.

The color is Granny Smith.  The color challenge for June is green, and it just doesn't get much greener.


I also started my socks for Sock Knitters Anonymous Group's June Challenge, one of which is to knit socks designed by Anne Campbell  (KnitterlyAnne).  They are the Circle Socks.  I have just started, so you really can't see much yet.  The yarn is by Huckleberry Knits, also, in a different apple color, Honey Crisp.


I really hope these will fit because I think they will be beautiful.

Goodnight everyone.

Stay safe and well.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet 2 pairs of apple socks at a time.


1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your travel/biking progress! And your socks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete