Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Moogie, Mole, Mutants, and Tonight

Hello:

I've been remiss at posting, but not because I haven't been knitting or crocheting.  It is the last week of the month and all my projects are due on Saturday for the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup.  I have been frantically working on various projects in between work and watching movies with Doc and Moogie.

Moogie
Moogie got home from NYU last Tuesday (2 down 1 to go).  She was only home for 6 days.  She wanted to do a 3 day Juice Cleanse and wanted company in her misery, so I volunteered to do it with her.  Although I posted on Friday that I was hungry, that was not exactly true.  I started my 3 days last Friday, you get 6 bottles of different vegetable/fruit juices each day, and I was only able to finish 3 of them.  Every so often I would have a wave of hunger hit me, but mostly, I felt fairly full all day.  I am a very slow drinker, so I sipped and sipped and it took about 2 - 3 hours to drink just one bottle.  I actually never drank the last 6 bottles of my allotment. Since I was drinking them so slowly, I kept the cleanse going for one extra day, but still couldn't finish all the bottles.  The juices are all natural, and have nothing in them but the veggies and fruits, so they don't last very long.  I would totally do this again.  They all tasted good, and some were really delicious.  I lost about 7 pounds, but the best parts are that I kicked caffeine, and my desire to eat has shrunk.  I just am not hungry that often, now.  We will see how long this lasts.  I thought I might want to buy a juicer so I could make my own stuff at home, but wow, they are not cheap, so I will just eat the raw veggies instead.  If you are interested, the company we used is Juice Box Seattle.  We did the 3 day juice cleanse, and they delivered the juices to a place in Bellevue where we picked them up.

The big thing Moogie wanted to do while she was home, on top of the cleanse, was dye her hair silver.  Yes, you read that right.  The salon did a great job, leaving her with a blend of all shades of silvers.

Here is the Before Photo:
And here is the After Photo:
Here is what the hair looks like in back:
She loves it.  I think it is beautiful, but I love her natural color...

Mole
Beena caught a mole on Memorial day.
Poor thing.  But, I am a little glad not to have a mole in the yarn.

Mutants
We have the most beautiful irises in our yard.  They were here when we moved in, and come back every year.  The original owner's name is Bart, and these flowers are named Black Bart Irises.  Someone gave them to him as a joke.  They look really black before they bloom.
They are huge when they are fully open, so big that they often pull their stems to the ground with the weight.


A few years ago, I noticed that we were getting some regular purple irises in the yard in addition to the Black Barts.
These are smaller, and much lighter in color.  Then, last year we had this one really strange iris, a mutant.  This year, we had a bunch of these mutant irises bloom.



I have no explanation.

More Mutants
On Sunday, Doc, Moogie and I went to see the new X-Men movie Days of Future Past.  First, to get ready we watched all 6 previous X-Men/Wolverine movies.  We started Friday night, because I was working so late on Thursday night, and watched them all day and all night Saturday.  Not many of those are very good, the very first one was fine, and the last one was pretty good, but the rest are not so much.  But it was totally worth it because we were ready for the newest movie, and understood who everyone was and the history.

The new movie is excellent.  I'm not sure how much you will understand/not understand if you have never seen an X-Men movie, but if you are at all interested in this franchise, go.

Tonight
The next round of Sock Madness has begun, officially Round 5.  The pattern is called Tonight, and features a double-knit cuff.  Thank goodness I learned to double-knit last year.  I am using the dark blue yarn I knit my daughter, Allifer's, socks out of, I think it is Cascade Heritage Paints, and the gorgeous yellow that Redbird1 gave me last year.
I love how they are coming out, but, because you have to knit 2 stitches for every 1 normally, they are very slow going right now.
I might be posting very short updates as I try frantically to keep up on these and make it to Round 6.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with mutant flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment